This is not the first time General Motors has idled Chevrolet Volt production (see here and here) but it is perhaps the most unexpected. According to Automotive News, the Volt's Detroit-Hamtramck plant will be shut down for four weeks – from September 17 until October 15 – starting next month. This will affect about 1,500 workers.
1 / 1
1 / 1
- Spy shots automakers don't want you to see
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Bargain-priced performance hatchbacks
- Why trucks matter so much in Texas
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!