Despite the current trend, not every car looks good with its top lopped off. We're looking at you, Nissan and Land Rover. The Volkswagen GTI doesn't get any prettier after losing its roof and seems to get, well, a little softer, more, ok, we're just gonna say it – girly. A bit like the earlier VW Cabriolets but with enough horsepower to leave its critics in the dust.
If you were watching the news out of Wörthersee last year, you may recall the Volkswagen Golf GTI Cabriolet concept pictured above. The show car debuted at the annual Volkswagen fan-fest in Austria, alongside an even hotter Golf R Cabriolet and a whole mess of other machinery from the burgeoning German auto empire. But that was the last we heard of it ... until now.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX