Slather on an extra glob of Gorilla Glue adhesive, as the 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Convertible is going to seriously strain hairpieces. Like its GT500 Coupe sibling, introduced late last year at the Los Angeles Auto Show, the drop-top is fitted with a supercharged 5.8-liter V8 making an astounding 650 horsepower and 600 pound-feet of torque, which makes it the most powerful eight-cylinder production engine in the universe.
Detroit in January isn't exactly the proper place to go topless in a 650-horsepower tire smoker, but that doesn't mean rumors of the 2013 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 Convertible's impending debut at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show aren't accurate. And these spy shots prove that the car is very much ready for its big unveiling.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX