The El Toro Marine Base in Irvine, CA has become somewhat of a quasi West Coast testing ground for the automotive industry in the past several years. Currently, it's perhaps best known for being the site of the Top Gear USA test track, but we've attended media events, learned how to drift, and watched a variety of manufacturers test out their wares on the military compound's abandoned runways.
The vid embedded after the jump is an older one, dating back to Marcus Grönholm's days as WRC factory driver for Peugeot (he's with BP-Ford now). It's brief, but well worth your time, as it details the story of an in-car mishap involving a stone and co-driver Timo Rautiainen. The payoff comes at the end, when Grönholm explains in very simple language what happened, and then backs it up with a descriptive gesture just in case you didn't understand. Classic.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX