It turns out that PIA's new executive director, Joel Levin, doesn't even drive an electric car. But he's shopping and learning right now.
Yesterday, electric vehicle pioneer Bob Beaumont passed away. For those of you who don't know, Beaumont created the Citicar (which then birthed the Comutacar) in the 1970s. Small, frugal and unlike anything else on the road, the Citicar eventually sold 2,000 units. More importantly, it gave the community of green car advocates a vehicle to rally around. The idea that plug-in vehicles are a grassroots sort of effort is something that will remain true at least through 2012, says PlugIn Cars.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX