There are a few other events earlier in the Monterey car week, but for us it's Gordon McCall's Motorworks Revival that really gets things started. This year marks the 20th anniversary of the event at the Monterey Jet Center, and it was celebrated with plenty of amazing cars, planes, and fine food and drink.
The middle of August in Monterey means one thing to car nuts – Pebble Beach. Although there are tons of events around the peninsula, and more new ones being added every year, the main event is still Pebble Beach. The shows and gatherings that lead up to Sunday's Concours have grown into happenings that come close to rivaling Pebble in some ways, but still can't match its grandeur. But even before these top events begin, there is an unofficial start to the proceedings.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX