Goodyear is donating a 33-year-old gondola that's served under three airships, flown over three Super Bowls and won a Guinness World Record, to the Crawford Auto Aviation Museum in Cleveland, Ohio.
Say goodbye to the old fleet of Goodyear blimps and hello to the new fleet, which has started construction – only this time the "blimps" are actually zeppelins, or semi-rigid airships with framework (aluminum and carbon fiber in this case) to support their structure, engines and gas-filled envelop that generates lift. Goodyear, however, will still call them blimps.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX