When General Motors announced that the ad agency in charge of Chevrolet was up for review, the speculation was that its "Chevy Runs Deep" ad campaign could be on the ropes after only one year. Critics say "Runs Deep" doesn't have the impact of previous campaigns like "See the USA in Your Chevrolet," "Heartbeat of America" and "Like a Rock," but GM apparently doesn't doesn't see it that way.
When it comes to launching a new marketing strategy and ad campaign for Chevrolet, the gorillas in the room are Chevy's once illustrious advertising past: namely the Heartbeat of America campaign that ran from 1987 to 1994, and the "Like A Rock campaign that ran from 1991 to 2004.
- Here are the best-selling vehicles in America
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler: Everything we know
- Trump and Clinton seen in surprising cars
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Tesla just installed Autopilot on all its cars
- How to drive an Acura NSX into a casino