When General Motors announced that the ad agency in charge of Chevrolet was up for review, the speculation was that its "Chevy Runs Deep" ad campaign could be on the ropes after only one year. Critics say "Runs Deep" doesn't have the impact of previous campaigns like "See the USA in Your Chevrolet," "Heartbeat of America" and "Like a Rock," but GM apparently doesn't doesn't see it that way.
When it comes to launching a new marketing strategy and ad campaign for Chevrolet, the gorillas in the room are Chevy's once illustrious advertising past: namely the Heartbeat of America campaign that ran from 1987 to 1994, and the "Like A Rock campaign that ran from 1991 to 2004.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX