Sigh. Click above for more shots of the gold-plated Aston Martin DB7
Gold Plated Car
Some say Sir Bernard Docker lost his job as chairman of Daimler in 1956 because of his wife. Lady Norah Docker thought Daimler needed to add some pizazz, some "bling" if you will, to its staid lineup. So she pushed Sir Docker to make a series of extravagant show cars now known as the Docker Daimlers. And the enormous cost of those cars (as well as some questionable expense reports) cost Sir Docker his position at Daimler.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!