For all of its negatives and controversy, let's get one thing clear - the BBC's Top Gear has quite possibly the largest viewing audience of any TV show on the planet, an estimated 350 million people in 170 of the 190-odd countries on the map.
When was the last time a high profile police chase caught by television cameras ended with the driver getting away? Thankfully, we can't think of any examples, but most bad guys don't have a stolen Porsche Boxster at their disposal. A 23-year-old on Australia's Gold Coast had just such an escape vehicle, and a TV news helicopter caught all the drama from 1,500 feet above the ground.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX