General Motors' experiment in selling new cars and trucks on eBay hasn't exactly been a raging success story. Despite this, America's largest automaker has extended the program, which will now run through the end of the month instead of halting on its originally scheduled ending date of September 8th.
- Chris Shunk
- Aug 21, 2009
General Motors is hoping to get a sales boost by selling its vehicles on eBay, but so far the General's newest tactic to move metal hasn't generated much in the way of sales. The pilot program, which is currently only running at 225 California dealerships, has reportedly generated just 45 sales through nine days. Dealers have so far posted over 16,000 vehicles on the site.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models