Chevrolet Volt testing at Pikes Peak - Click above for video after the jump
Gm Volt Batteries
Like some other automakers, GM is teaming up with a battery supplier, Continental, to develop lithium ion batteries for their range of vehicles. Continental makes all kinds of auto parts, although they're best known for making tires. The Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra Hybrids already have a hybrid powertrain sourced from Continental, but the announced agreement will work on lithium-ion batteries which are more efficient.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX