GM next generation and current fuel cell stacks – Click above for high-res image gallery
Gm Fuel Cell Stack
Hawaii is set to get the first hydrogen fueling infrastructure in the United States thanks to a pilot project announced today by General Motors and The Gas Company. The Gas Company is the local natural gas and propane utility on the island state. Hawaii makes an ideal location for testing new transportation technologies as a result of its isolation, and the relatively small size of the islands means that you can never get all that far from the fueling network.
While improvements to the tried-and-true internal combustion engine continue to come in small, incremental bits year after year, hydrogen fuel cell technology is progressing in leaps and bounds. Evidence of such can be seen in the latest version of General Motors' hydrogen fuel cell system.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX