Volkswagen has approved repairs for its 1.6- and 2.0-liter EA189 diesel engines in Europe, and it expects the recall to begin in January. The 2.0 only needs a software update, but the 1.6 also requires a small amount of new hardware, too.
German Federal Motor Transport Authority
Tesla Motors continues to insist that the Model S is an extremely safe vehicle, and is re-citing the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) as evidence. Dogged by a handful of car fires during the past few months, Tesla says NHTSA is reaffirming the Model S's five-star safety rating for the 2014 model-year vehicles. Heck, Tesla's gone one step further, saying that the German Federal Motor Transport Authority, Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt (KBA) is also giving the EV a clean bill of safety
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX