With the third quarter of 2013 wrapping up, General Motors has published its quarterly earnings, announcing a net income of $700 million, a significant drop from Q3 2012's $1.5 billion in net income. The drop is being blamed on a $900 million loss from "special items," $800 million of which was part of a 120-million share repurchase of preferred stock. GM also lost $500 million on tax expenses.
General Motors Earnings
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX