A lot of science goes into electric cars, but when it comes to gauging battery-charge percentage, there may be a little more art involved.
Nissan plans on adding an instant fuel economy reader to every new Nissan and Infiniti it sells by 2010, and the meter is already available Stateside in the Altima and G35. The gauge is being added to show drivers how to drive with reduced fuel consumption in mind, and Nissan thinks owners can achieve 10% better fuel economy after using the gauge to adjust driving habits.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies