Back in 1967, the number of gas stations in the UK hit a record high at 39,958. Flash forward to 2008 and the total had dwindled down to just 9,263. By 2009, despite the fact that the number of registered vehicles had soared past 34 million, total operational gas stations plummeted to a record low of 9,013. In that same year, 179 independent gas stations called it quits and big names like BP, Texaco and Total closed the doors of 64 stations as well.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models
There are no questions about this topic.Be the first to ask!