Ethanol has been blended with gasoline for years now in a fuel typically called E10 (which is made with 10 percent ethanol). E15 could soon become the new norm if, as industry experts predict, the U.S. reaches the "blend wall" and changes come soon.
The Des Moines, Iowa city council is due to select one of two proposals to build a new ethanol production facility on December 4. Lincolnway Energy of Nevada wants to build a coal powered plant. Vision Fuels is proposing a natural gas powered plant. Des Moines mayor Frank Cownie, who has supported the coal fired plant, said emissions should definitely factor in the final decision.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies