Hot on the bumpers of the New York Auto Show, the oddball Mercedes-Benz G-Class officially shows its ever-so-slightly redesigned face to the world. As we've discussed previously, it looks a whole lot like last year's model, but distinguishing tweaks outside include the dashes of LEDs underneath the headlights and new side mirrors.
Still – and we'll be the first to admit that this is this blogger's personal view – the G550 is not unattractive. In fact, it actually seems to transcend the idea of attraction at all; it is simply the ultimate in pragmatism. Crampons aren't beautiful, but they are wonderfully useful. Tubas aren't beautiful, but they can make wonderful noises. A Porsche key fob isn't beautiful, but it can make wonderful events happen on any given night.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX