Pro-ethanol groups have delivered over 250,000 signatures to the EPA asking for a strong final rule in the Renewable Fuel Standard.
November's coming up, so that must mean some election-season lobbying is on the way. One of the subjects being debated in the US right now is the how much renewable fuel must be included in the US gas supply. And advocates are already taking to the digital airwaves to make their point.
Like a tractor harvesting an Iowa cornfield, biofuel advocates aren't using a ton of subtlety in their approach to take down Big Oil. The coalition Fuels America used April 22, i.e. Earth Day, to kick off a campaign for higher renewable fuel mandates. And, while that corn field may be a lovely shade of maize, the advocates are talking green, as in the money oil companies are pulling out of Americans' pocketbooks by insisting on reuced use of biofuels.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX