According to The Detroit News, The National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration has closed its investigation into 2.7 million Ford pickups for fuel tank straps that may have rusted and failed. Affected models included 1997-2001 F-150, 1997 to 1999 F-250 and 2002 to 2003 Lincoln Blackwood trucks.
Fuel Tank Straps
Back in May of 2011, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced that it was expanding its investigation of 2.7 million Ford F-150 models for corroding gas tank straps. Less than three months later, the recall is on like Donkey Kong, though Bloomberg reports that Ford has announced that the actual number is closer to 1.1 million. Further, the 1997 through 2004 F-150 models will be joined by 1997 to 1999 F-250 trucks and 2002 and 2003 Lincoln Blackwood models.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX