Motor Tend technical director Frank Markus owns a 1967 Maserati Ghibli, bought back in the early 2000s when "they could be had for Camry money" – now Hagerty values them anywhere from $63,000 to $107,000. The grand tourer designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro outsold the more powerful and less expensive Ferrari 365 Daytona, and the more powerful and more expensive Lamborghini Miura.
When Motor Trend tecnical director Frank Markus decided he needed to get away, you should know that his 'time out' wouldn't merely be a weekend at the local hot springs or camping down by the river. The MT crew has made fine work of taking glorious trips in glorious cars – and a Subaru Outback – and Markus would keep it up, tracing Viking routes and his own heritage in an Audi R8 V10 Spyder along Norway's Atlantic Road.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX