New BMW M honcho Franciscus van Meel told Auto Express at the Detroit Auto Show that with an increase in output, "then probably the next generation M5 and M6 will have so much torque and power that we need to think about" going to an all-wheel drive system.
Franciscus Van Meel
Although it may not have the brand recognition that Mercedes-AMG does or BMW's M division, Audi's Quattro GmbH department is responsible for its most exciting products – including the RS line of performance models and the R8 supercar. For the past year and a half, Quattro GmbH has been led by Franciscus van Meel, but soon it will get a new leader.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX