In his latest episode of the plug-in-centric show Fully Charged, Robert Llewellyn takes the Ford Azure Dynamics Transit Connect Electric for a spin.
Ford Transit Connect Electric
With a whopping 19 electric vehicles, FedEx's battery-powered fleet isn't all that big. But, with FedEx Express adding more than 4,000 fuel-efficient vehicles within the next two months – including 24 of the electric-only variety – the package delivery company's fleet of electrics will soon more than double in size to, drumroll, 43 units.
As Ford prepares to start selling the Transit Connect Electric later this year and the Focus Electric in 2011, it has to thoroughly test the lithium ion battery systems used in these vehicles. To help accelerate the process, Ford has equipped all of its test vehicles and the battery packs being tested in the lab with wireless remote monitoring systems.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX