Workers building pre-production 2012 Ford Focus – Click above for high-res image gallery
The Canadian government and Ford have agreed on a deal to provide the Blue Oval $80 million worth of incentives over five years towards new and upgraded facilities. The deal specifically applies to Ford's Essex engine plant, which currently produces V8 engines for SUVs and trucks. Upgrades will be made to convert the plant to flexible manufacturing, which will enable Ford to keep the plant open by producing a number of different powerplants on one line. Flexible manufacturing will also help Ford
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX