Drop a couple of cylinders, add start-stop technology, slap a turbo on, drop it in the Fiat 500 and call it a day. That's exactly what Fiat Powertrain Technologies has done with its newly-introduced two-cylinder TwinAir 85-horsepower engine. The engine has found its first home in the cuddly Cinquicento, but we expect the mill to expand to additional Fiat models soon.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!