Fiat Chairman John Elkann says his company has no plans to purchase a stake in Mazda, according to Reuters. Instead, the Italian automaker will focus its efforts on increasing its share of Chrysler to more than 60 percent. Right now, Fiat owns 58.5 percent of Chrysler, though the European company has made it clear that at some point in the future, it would like that figure to be closer to 100 percent.
We record Episode #284 of the Autoblog Podcast tonight, meaning you can drop us your questions via our Q&A module below and chime in to direct our conversation. Subscribe to the Autoblog Podcast in iTunes if you haven't already done so, and if you want to take it all in live, tune in to our UStream (audio only) channel at 10:00 PM Eastern tonight.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX