While not exactly confirmed, it seems that past rumors of a switch for Formula One driver Fernando Alonso from his current partnership with Renault to Ferrari still have legs. In an offhand remark made during an interview with BBC Sport, McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh indicated he expects the Fernando to Ferrari deal to take place at the end of the current season. Such a move could potentially trigger a number of driver changes for 2010.
Fernando Alonso Renault
It's widely being reported now that ace F1 driver Fernando Alonso has signed a letter of intent to rejoin Renault, his former team that he left this year to drive for McLaren-Mercedes. That, as we all know, hasn't turned out so well, with Alonso and his fellow teammate Lewis Hamilton constantly talking smack about each other or not talking to each other at all.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies