Turns out Italiaspeed had it right: the remade Lancia Stratos spotted on a Fiat test track in Milan is a coachbuilt one-off for a European client, and has nothing to do with Fenomenon. As the story goes, a certain unnamed industrialist asked Pininfarina – not Bertone, the Stratos' original designer – to pen a body with a traditional front end true to the icon.
The internets recently caught fire after what appeared to be a new Lancia Stratos was spotted hustling around a Fiat test track in Italy. At this point, it's still difficult to tell whether the car is an all new project from the company that brought the world some of the most wicked rally beasts of all time or if a bored exec simply decided to take the 2005 Fenomenon Stratos Concept Car out for a quick run around. If that latter possibility is true, the car has received a little bit of front fas
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX