While China's third-largest automotive group, Donfeng Motors, had been gearing up to produce mass quantities of electric cars by early 2012, the reality has been more of a hodgepodge of decisions. There's been a joint venture with Nissan to build a rebadged Nissan Leaf for the China market (pictured), though it seems only a small number of them have been produced so far. There may be a $350-million acquisition bid by Dongfeng for Fisker Automotive. There are also plans to start production of the
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX