For the first time since 2009, motorcycle fatalities decreased year-on-year in 2013: the Fatality Analysis Reporting System compiled by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration counted 4,668 motorcyclist deaths last year compared to 4,896 in 2012.
NHTSA's freshly released 2013 Fatality Analysis Reporting System study shows a total of 32,719 deaths on the roads, a drop of 3.1 percent from 2012 and a decrease of around 25 percent since 2004. However, a handful of the statistics suggest there are still a ways to go to make things more secure for everyone, especially bicyclists.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX