It's easy to forget just how dangerous the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb can be. Those who take to the mountain do so with the knowledge that any wrong turn could send them, their car and their co-driver down a rocky embankment at speed.
- Damon Lavrinc
- Jul 19, 2007
A recent conversation with a colleague, whose previous stint as a traffic officer in the UK equipped him to become one of the preeminent driving instructors in the U.S., prompted a discussion of law enforcement exercises. Apparently in the U.K., it's not uncommon to see an unmarked Volvo, with neither a siren blaring nor lights flashing, traveling upwards of 140 MPH down the M1. Only a sticker on the rear proclaims the vehicle's purpose: "Police Training."
- VW Atlas ticks all the boxes, but I just can't care
- 2018 Mustang GT does 0-60 in under 4 seconds
- New Car Buying Guides
- Bollinger Motors' B1 electric sport utility truck
- 2018 Honda Accord is sleeker, more efficient
- Find and compare 2017 Models