As Europe's economy continues to suffer, so do automakers. One of the latest pieces of bad news comes from French carmaker Peugeot which says it will write down its assets by $5.53 billion. The figure represents almost 29-percent of the company's property, valued at $19.4 billion in June. Peugeot says it will also take a second-half charge of $325 million for "onerous contracts." Speaking of onerous, The Detroit News notes the "write-downs are more than double Peugeot's current market value." Yi
European Financial Crisis
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX