Ready for export. China Yuchai International has received On-Board Diagnostics emission certificates from the TÜV Rheinland Group for the marque's Euro III and Euro IV compliant diesel engines. Currently, Yuchai's lineup of engines includes six series 26 Euro III models as well as the newly-developed Euro IV series, named YC6J and YC6L.
Back in November, the European Commission published an initial proposal for the upcoming Euro VI emission standards. Those initial numbers have now been confirmed as the ones the EC will enforce beginning in April 2013. Compared to the Euro V emissions, Euro VI will require an 80 percent reduction in NOx (down to 0.4 g/kWh ) and a 66 reduction in the PM emission limit (to 0.01 g/kWh). It is likely that all diesel vehicles will need a particulate filter to meet these goals.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies