A Troy, MI-based company is selling a system for Nissan Leafs that could add an additional 40 miles of range to the battery-electric car thanks to the installation of an additional lithium-ion battery, Green Car Reports says.
- Sebastian Blanco
- Aug 11, 2009
We'll start with the numbers: $1,995 will get you a 2 kWh plug-in battery pack for your second-generation Toyota Prius; $2,995 will get you a 4 kWh pack (the installation feel and the $95 delivery charge are extra). For your two or three grand, you can reach "the holy grail of achieving 100 mpg."
- 2018 Mustang GT does 0-60 in under 4 seconds
- How dealers are price-gouging Dodge Demon
- New Car Buying Guides
- 2018 Honda Accord is sleeker, more efficient
- Mercedes X-Class pickup truck revealed
- Find and compare 2017 Models