After Mercedes dominated the 2014 Formula One World Championship, rival teams Red Bull, Ferrari and now McLaren – each of them more accustomed to winning – are calling on the FIA to open up engine development.
- Stuart Waterman
- Aug 21, 2006
The radical rule changes in Formula 1 for 2007 and beyond aren't just affecting the racing - they're having a dramatic impact on the highly specialized industry that supports the most technically advanced racing series in the world. The announcement late last week that legendary British engine manufacturer Cosworth is planning to lay off 40 percent of its staff at the end of the season signalled the beginning of a dramatic restructuring on the engineering side of the sport.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models