The Elemental RP1 might be Britain's next big boutique roadster success story. Designed by a team with Formula One experience, it aims to mix road car drivability with racecar performance in a single, adaptable package weighing less than 1,000 pounds. It was first previewed a few weeks ago, but the secrecy has finally disappeared due to its upcoming debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
The British boutique sports car industry is fascinating when you think about it. For such a relatively small country known for its wet weather for much of the year, consider all of the open-top Caterham, Ariel, Morgan products, not to mention many other small brands pumping out cars. The latest company hoping to fill the need a street-legal, track day racer is called Elemental Cars, and its first creation is the featherweight RP-1.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX