General Motors has no issues with the idea of better roads for Michigan, but when it comes to a special plug-in vehicle tax enacted to help pay for those repairs, the automaker is crying foul, Automotive News says.
Electric Vehicle Fee
- Danny King
- Feb 15, 2012
Washington State's senate has passed a bill that would impose an annual fee of $100 to electric-vehicle drivers in an effort to compensate for the gas taxes that EV drivers don't pay, the Associated Press reported.
- Eric Loveday
- Feb 9, 2011
Opting to buy a battery-powered vehicle means that owners no longer need gasoline and, therefore, don't have to pay gas taxes. Right? Well, for residents of the state of Washington, that sort of depends on the outcome of Senate Bill 5251.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models