Chevrolet Volts travel almost the same all-electric miles as Nissan Leafs.
When it comes to the country's two most popular plug-in vehicles, a premium-gas-powered security blanket can make the difference of about four all-electric miles a day. That's the crux of the US Department of Energy's EV Project Vehicle Summary Report for the second quarter of 2013 on how drivers use the Chevy Volt (PDF) and Nissan Leaf (PDF).
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX