Veteran racer Mattias Ekström campaigns the meanest looking Audi S1 on the block in the FIA World Rallycross Championship. With 600 horsepower on tap, it can reach 60 miles per hour in a claimed 1.9 seconds. However, for Ekstrom's latest race in the Audi pits him against a pint-sized doppelgänger in the form of an RC replica of the rallycross machine.
Mattias Ekström doesn't need to prove anything. He's won the DTM title twice and before that the Swedish Touring Car Championship. But being a racing driver as he is, Ekström has been looking for new challenges. He's contested the Swedish Rally six times, the German Rally twice, he's driven in V8 Supercars and in NASCAR. He's even won the Race of Champions. Twice. Heck, we're surprised his long-time sponsor Red Bull hasn't let him try out one of its F1 cars. But this season it's on to
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX