Volkswagen has apparently decided it's about time to install its latest and most powerful CNG (compressed natural gas) bifuel powertrain under the hood of the Touran, a compact MPV, as well as the Cross Touran (pictured above). The 1.4-liter TSI EcoFuel powerplant has an output of 150 horsepower and fuel consumption of 5.2l/100km (45 mpg U.S.) when running on gasoline. Driven with natural gas, the Touran uses 4.7 kg/100 km, earning a respectable 126 g/km of CO2 emissions.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies