The students spent three years transforming an ordinary Chevy Malibu into a revolutionary vehicle.
At the 2011 SAE World Congress in Detroit, MI, U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) assistant secretary for policy and international affairs, David Sandalow, announced the official launch of EcoCAR 2: Plugging into the Future. This three-year competition, established by the DOE and General Motors, pits sixteen university teams against each other in a head-to-head battle to construct and demonstrate vehicles and powertrains that, when compared to production gasoline-fueled vehicles:
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX