A classic Porsche 911 Turbo caught fire inside New York City's Javits Center today, spilling smoke throughout the convention center until the car was doused.
As much as we love to cover the mainstream part of the LA show each year – important debuts, fresh concepts, splashy presentations, etc. – we reserve a special place in our hearts for the tuner/aftermarket/toys/games/odd stuff that can always be found on the basement level of the Los Angeles Convention Center. It's in this space, sometimes referred to internally as "mini SEMA," we can count on getting to look at the physical instantiation of automotive imagination run rampant.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX