Just a week after NASCAR took away AJ Allmendinger's keys indefinitely, the result of a failed drug test, Motorsport.com is reporting that the FIA has sidelined Tomáš Enge for a similar infraction. Enge also failed a recent drug test, earning an 18-month ban from racing for what would be his second such infraction.
NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield has had a rough 2009, as he became the first driver suspended under the racing series' new drug policy. Mayfield reportedly tested positive for methamphetamines in May, and was suspended by NASCAR as a result. Lawyers for the embattled driver argued that the test was a false positive due to a mixture of prescription drugs Mayfield was taking for allergies and ADD.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX