January was a simpler time for the relationship between Doug Pelmear/Horse Power Sales (makers of the HP2G engine that was in the Mustang we saw in Detroit a few months ago) and the Automotive X Prize. Back then, the two were happy neighbors in the NAIAS basement (the smelly, smelly basement). No longer.
Remember Doug Pelmear, the inventor and mechanic from Toledo, Ohio who claims that his late-80's Fox Body Mustang makes 400-horsepower and still manages to return 80 miles per gallon? Doug's back in Toledo's news and he's making the same claims as before. In fact, Pelmear's Mustang can run on ethanol and in so doing, he says, can get up to 110 miles per gallon equivalent. Apparently, Doug's claims have been met with some skepticism, which isn't really surprising considering that the claims seem
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies