We're completely smitten with Chrysler's latest hi-po Hemi, which displaces 6.4 liters and offers up to 470 horsepower and a matching 470 pound-feet of torque in the engine bay of such vehicles as the Dodge Challenger SRT8 392. Of course, not everyone can manage a two-door with limited space inside for passengers and cargo, which is why Chrysler has placed the massive lump under the hood of the latest Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 as well.
It's no secret that Chrysler's going through a rough patch right now as it sets its turnaround plan in motion. Just last week, the automaker announced additional job and manufacturing cutbacks and killed off four underperforming models. Of interest to enthusiasts, however, is the news that SRT, the in-house tuner responsible for niche vehicles like the Dodge Charger SRT8 shown above, went unscathed.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX