News that the revived Barracuda will likely land in showrooms as a Dodge model has caused some ire among the Mopar faithful, but what ends up under the hood could be far more worrisome.
Motor Trend reports that Chrysler may forsake the Dodge Challenger for a resurrected Barracuda. The magazine cites two unnamed sources as saying the nameplate will surface in time to celebrate the vehicle's 50th anniversary in 2014. If true, the Barracuda will ride on a new smaller and lighter platform that's more fit to compete with the likes of the Ford Mustang and Chevrolet Camaro. The vehicle's bones will likely be shared with Alfa Romeo, which means a turbo four-cylinder may show up behind
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX