Over in Europe, Mercedes-Benz has just introduced a version of the diesel powertrain for its buses that passes the EEV emissions standards without having to use either a particulate filter (DPF) or selective catalytic reduction (SCR).
Diesel After Treatment
- Sam Abuelsamid
- Mar 11, 2009
Corning has been selected to provide particulate filters to Navistar for its diesel engines. The traps and ceramic substrates will allow Navistar's engines to meet tougher 2010 EPA emissions standards for heavy duty trucks. Corning worked with Navistar to ensure its components were compatible with the engine maker's EGR systems.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models