By golly, when Bob Lutz wants to make you feel good, he sure knows how to say all the right things. After hitting the pause button on GM's RWD cars -- a gut punch to GM fans waiting for some high horsepower goodies -- Lutz acknowledged the existence of the Blue Devil Corvette for the first time, and told Car and Driver that along with the Camaro, the Blue Devil has escaped the Reaper and is "in the final stages of tuning."
We were excited to announce when Bob Lutz confirmed that GM was working on a higher-performance version of the Corvette. The announcement finally vindicated all those spy shots of a suped-up Corvette test mule, dubbed the "Blue Devil", that was caught undergoing developmental testing for so long. And it gave fans of American muscle something to look forward to in the wake of the new 600-horsepower Dodge Viper.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX