Gearing up for the Belle Isle Grand Prix this weekend, General Motors invited some of the Chevrolet and Cadillac racecar drivers out to its Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plant. While there, the racers – including IndyCar Driver and Chevrolet Volt owner, Simona De Silvestro – witnessed the very first 2014 Cadillac ELR to roll off the assembly line.
We first heard that General Motors might add production of the next-generation Chevrolet Malibu to its Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly plant back in December, and that news has been confirmed today. GM Chairman Ed Whitacre held a press conference this morning at which he announced the automaker had paid back the remaining $5.8 billion owed to the U.S. and Canadian governments a full five years ahead of schedule. He made the announcement at the company's Fairfax plant in Kansas that currently builds t
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX